At REAL HANDCOOKED Crisps we pride ourselves on making great tasting crisps whilst minimising our impact upon the world around us and have been doing just that for years.
The short video above shows some highlights of our activities to date and of our commitments for the future.
And in case you are not a video kind of person, here are those highlights!
• Use carefully selected British & Irish potatoes
• Only use sunflower oil, never palm oil
• Do not send any of our factory waste to landfill and repurpose foods in to energy or animal feeds
• Installed solar panelling at our warehousing
• Reduced our CO2 and NO2 vehicle emissions and have electric charging points on site for both cars and forklifts
• Cardboard boxes are all FSC certified and 100% recyclable.
• Committed to working with our packaging suppliers to research viable and sustainable alternatives to existing plastic packaging, to increase the use of recycled packaging materials and make all packaging recyclable, reusable or compostable by 2025.